IRON MAN – Unique handmade marquetry

186 pieces intarsia portrait by Laszlo Sandor



My name is Laszlo Sandor. I'm a Hungarian graphic designer. I create unique marquetry portraits using carefully selected high quality materials. I begin work based on a photo of my client and provide a digital preview for revision before the actual handcrafting begins. The design is finalized during multiple revisions as necessary. Wood Arts was born out of my love of marquetry, which I have inherited from my father. I think it's sad, that quality wood products are becoming increasingly rare in our everyday life, a trend that may spell the end of this historical craft.


My goal is to revitalize and popularize marquetry as an artform, perhaps reintroducing it to our households once more.




Used wood type: Birch, White Ash, Beech, Padouk, Sapelli Mahogany, Makassar Ebony, Blue Maple (this part painted only)





Used color: white, light yellow, mallow, red, claret, brown, black, cyan blue











This picture the first of the "Heroes & Robots" series.
Designed by Laszlo Sandor
Inspired by the Iron Man wallpaper.





Signed and numbered by the artist in pen & stamp on backside.






Unique theme and size requirements are available on a case-by-case basis, feel free to contact me with the details.


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése